June 27, 2018 – Sandra D. Glazier, a principal of the Lipson Neilson law firm will co-present a free webinar “Estate Planning Retaining Agreements and Engagement Letters” at 12pm on July 12, 2018. This webinar will provide valuable insight for attorneys and law firm administrators across the country that are charged with developing new business in the area of Estate Planning. Ms. Glazier is co-presenting with attorney Martin M. Shenkman. Both Ms. Glazier and Mr. Shenkman are in high demand as featured speakers at conferences across the USA. Register at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5847086679859420931.
Course Description: Retainer agreements (engagement letters) are critical to establish and document the understanding the practitioner has with the client. They are an important step that practitioners can take to identify expected actions and protect practitioners from a myriad of potential issues, or worse ethical problems or suits.
- What should practitioners consider including in a retainer agreement?
- How has technology changed the issues that might be addressed?
- Are text messages an issue?
- Why is it important to communicate billing practices?
- What options are available in doing so?
- What special precautions might be considered and addressed when representing married couples?
- Should practitioners consider warning clients about their obligations to the estate planning process?
- What caveats might practitioners consider inserting into the agreement?
- When should agreements be revisited?
- What are the logistics of retention and conflict waiver agreements?
- Are there benefits to addressing the practitioner’s obligations?
An attorney for more than 35 years, Ms. Glazier is known for her expertise and successful track record in probate litigation, estate planning, trust and estate administration, and family law matters. The cases she works on tend to be very complex and require technical as well as legal expertise. Ms. Glazier has represented contestants and proponents of estate planning documents, as well as fiduciaries, in significant trust litigation proceedings. An AV Preeminent® rated attorney, she has also been recognized by “Super Lawyers” in probate litigation and a “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness, in the areas of probate, estate and family law.
Ms. Glazier has had numerous articles published by some of the legal industry’s leading publications. In addition, she has presented on estate planning and probate litigation related topics for the American Bar Association, Notre Dame Tax and Estate Planning Institute, Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium, Michigan’s Institute of Continuing Education, Oakland County Bar Association, Wayne County Probate Court appointed attorney training, Wilmington Trust’s New York Trust Symposium and the Bloomberg BNA Estate and Gift Tax Advisory Board. She has also taught “Valuation for Federal, Estate and Gift Tax Purposes” in a Masters level course.
Contact: Sandra D. Glazier