Kevin Bernys has significant experience working with businesses on corporate governance, terms & conditions, contracts, employment, compensation and risk management matters, and litigation strategies.
He has counseled a wide diversity of clients on a vast array of matters, including healthcare providers and suppliers; government contractors; restaurants and bars; professional athletes; musicians and entertainers; business start-ups, and high net-worth individuals, among others.
Mr. Bernys’ practice includes:
- Health Care
- Government Contracts
- Minority Business Enterprises
- Corporate Governance
- Commercial Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Emerging Businesses
- Entertainment, Sports and Media
- Health Care Fraud & Abuse
- Health Care Providers & Suppliers
- Physician Health Law
- Non-Profit Organizations
Mr. Bernys’ experience includes:
- Outside general counsel to small and medium size businesses; advising on corporate governance, terms & conditions, contracts, employment, compensation and risk management matters, and litigation strategies.
- Counsel to healthcare providers & suppliers advising on structure & governance matters; joint ventures, ambulatory surgical centers, affiliations & contract matters; revenue enhancement & compensation structures; risk management; and fraud & abuse and HIPAA matters.
- Counsel to government contactors advising on structure & governance matters; SBA 8(a) & (m), SDVOSB, and woman & minority owned business matters; joint venture & mentoring programs; and reporting & compliance matters.
- Counsel to restaurants & bars advising on liquor license application and transfer; MLCC matters; and purchase and sale transactions.
- Counsel to professional athletes, musicians and entertainers advising on business, contracts, tax and risk management matters.
- Business start-ups, mergers, acquisition and dispositions.
- Wealth transfer and protection planning for high net-worth individuals.
- Business succession planning for closely-held and family-owned businesses.
- Drafting purchase and sale agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, joint venture agreements, employment agreements, compensation agreements, and confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.